International Preparatory Courses
The international preparatory courses conducted by the Driland-Kolleg have been designed to cater for the needs of adults and of young people from a minimum age of 17 who are not yet sufficiently proficient in the German language to be able to follow regular lessons.
The resident status is of no relevance for admission to the preparatory courses.
Lessons amount to at least 12 units of 45 minutes per week and take place between 8.00 and 12.15 a.m. or 18.00 and 22.00 p.m.
The specific aims of the preparatory courses have been defined as follows:
- acquisition and enhancement of oral and written skills in the German language
- acquisition and improvement of proficiency in the English language
- acquisition of German for special purposes, e.g. Mathematics
- enhancement of general knowledge
- familiarization with the German school system
- preparation for the transition into courses leading to the secondary school certificate (Realschulabschluss) and the general qualification for university entrance (Abitur).
Persons interested in participating in preparatory courses are advised to attend one of the consultation hours conducted weekly or seek advice by calling the school secretariat. In cooperation with the local centre for adult education (Euregio VHS Gronau) we can offer our students the opportunity to sit for officially recognized language proficiency examinations at the B1 and B2 levels, in addition to our internal examinations.